Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Painting Status II

I have completed the rank and file of my army.  All I have left is to get them based and to finish up the hornblower and three heroes.  That will be my current list finished.  I'll do two more heroes, a chieftan and Suladan as well as finishing up the extra spears I have and knocking out more archers, but that's for next month.

Twelve new archers  for the force.


I blocked in the colors and hit the details, then washed them with the GW washes.  I love these things.  They are not as simple as dipping (which I brush on) but I think I get a better effect by using appropriate colored washes in different areas.  Here are before and after pictures of an archer.  I've added another light but it still isn't helping the photography very much.  I'll have to see what else I can find laying around the house to get some more in here.

This is before the wash.  The colors lack depth and shadow.
After the wash.  You can see shading and depth now.
Another shot of the twelve finished archers.
The whole lot of models painted this month.
I'll work on basing these tonight.  I'll try and take pictures as I go.  This lot puts me at twenty six models for the month, meaning I met my goal of twenty.  I'm pretty pleased.  I haven't painted in over a year.  These were pretty slow but I'm speeding up.  My brush control is coming back and I am starting to re-learn some tricks with the brush.  Practice, practice, practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...