Sunday, July 22, 2012

Painted Federation Marine Corps Vipers

I've completed two more Vipers for my Federation Marine Corps.  These are the fire support variant.  They use the same color scheme as the first two.  This gives me a full platoon of four mechs.  Two are the infantry support version and two are the fire support version.

FMC fire support Viper (Rebel Minis)


These models were easy to assemble and paint.  I love the Viper's and at least two will be going in to my Caliphate Infiltration Bn (Sahadeen) as well.

Two FMC vipers (left) and two Caliphate vipers (right)
These Vipers are the ML-1B (Mech, light, version 1 variant 2).  They carry a medium large laser on the right hand sponson and three anti-armor missiles (red warhead) on the left.  They also carry a 7mm chain gun in the turret for anti-infantry duties.  

Heavy Laser.
With a crew of one this fast mech is perfect for giving the Federation Marine infantry some anti-armor support.  These mechs are one of the few pieces of war gear that the FMC uses that are not grav capable, requiring a drop ship to deliver them to the field.  
The rear of the laser's charging coil can be seen here.
The '1B is the main anti-armor platform in the infantry Battalions.  The few heavy tanks used by the FMC are generally pooled into one strike force.  This means that the only mobile anti-armor support available for most units come from the FMC Hussar Bn's.

The anti-armor missiles are quite large, almost as big as a human.
These were primed with FoW Army Painter US Armor.  I then washed them with GW Badab Black wash.  The metal and the places where the paint has been scraped off are Vallejo Game Color Gunmetal Metal.  The warheads on the missiles are Vallejo Scar Red.  The lasers are Vallejo Electric Blue, washed with GW Asurman blue and then highlighted with Electric Blue again.  The cockpit is Vallejo black.

Looking at these models the masters were clearly digitally printed.  In the picture above you can see a little bit of this on the nose that the mini gun is mounted on.  I don't mind this at all with 15mm.  It's certainly not noticeable on the table top, which is the standard that I paint for.  I just thought I'd mention it if that is the sort of thing that bothers some people.

2 comments:

  1. I really like these, very tempting and nicely painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend that you order at least one of each model (Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3). You will get a ton of weapon options and can set them up any way you want. I, personally, like the striding versions better but there is not a huge difference between the two.

      Thanks. I'm glad you like the paint job.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...