Sunday, September 16, 2012

Commission Work

My hobby output is going to be dropping off here for the next couple of weeks.  I'm assembling a Warhammer Demons army for a guy at the local shop.  He makes his living painting armies for people.  In fact, he had so much work he raised prices to lower demand, and just ended up making more money.  Assembly takes a lot of time, but not much skill, so is not a great use of his time.

I enjoy assembly and get either money or models out of it.  My Harad army was paid for by a commission to assemble a giant empire army.  What this means is that for the next couple of weeks I'll be spending my hobby time putting together other people's models instead of working on my own stuff.

I just completed 60 Pink Horrors.  In case anyone wants to know what a nightmare looks like, this is it.
60 Pink Horrors. 
This is a whole lot of waving arms.

4 comments:

  1. Why not indeed, anything that feeds the hobby need!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd rather be assembling my own models, but this lets me add to the collection without incurring the wrath of SWMBO, so it really is a win-win situation.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...