Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Year of Rules (continued)

The year of rules is over.  It was, officially, 2012.  Having said that, I'm still exploring some new ones and two that I've got my heart set on were recently on sale.

I'm looking forward to both sets of these, as much as I've enjoyed Hail Caesar.

These rules were on sale at Warlord for $30.  That's what they usually go for on Amazon but when you buy them from Warlord you get the minis off of the cover for free.  It was too good a deal to pass up.

I had a bit of negotiating to do with SWMBO.  The irrefutable logic of getting them for $30 now over $40 later in the year finally won out.  I suspect she sometimes argues with me more for the form than out of any deep seated conviction.  That could also be wishful thinking on my part.

I've leafed through the books and they are both just as chock-a-block with pictures of gorgeous models and terrain as Hail Caesar.  I'm still absorbing the HC rules, so I'm not ready to dig into the meat of these just yet.  I'll probably start some Pike & Shotte action around mid year.

Jonathan, my opponent for HC, has already started a Montrose army for ECW, so I'll be working up a brigade of Parlimentarians to start out.  I've decided to collect the order of battle for Marston Moor.  It's up north, just a few miles from where I lived when I was in the UK.  It's also got all three armies, so there is plenty of flexibility there.

For Black Powder, which will run around the end of the year, I'm bouncing back and forth between Salamanca and Gettysburg.  I just can't make up my mind which war to fight first.  Happily, I have time to decide as there is no deadline for any of this.

It's good to have these sorts of "problems".  Much better than dealing with the real sort.

2 comments:

  1. If you ever do go through with the Battle of Salamanca in the not so near future... give me a yell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do Nick. I know it's one of your favorites. Do you have figures for it?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...