Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Entry 4 - Vth Annual Analogue Painting Challenge - 8 x 28mm Uruk-Hai pikes

This post is eight more Uruks for Isengard.  These are eight pikes, one of the stronger features of the army.  I actually don't play with them as much as they warrant because I hate the pikes in game.  I don't mean the rules are bad.  I hate that I am always stabbing myself with them or knocking them or other models over because of them.  The physical limitations are frustrating.





These models were painted in the same way as the eight swordsmen.  They don't have the shields, obviously, so no white hand on these lads at all.


There are actually several different poses here but you have to look closely to tell.  There are also leveled pike versions but those are even worse on the table so they'll be painted as a last resort.


These models actually have a lot more detail on their backs than on their fronts.  They tend to suffer less from sudden loss of detail than the swordsmen did as well.  They are rewarding models to paint, which is good considering I have another 24 or so to get done, but that's for another day.




3 comments:

  1. Perhaps. pikes are unwieldy but they look cool and your brush work is very good.
    Nifty models and an entire army of these figures would be quite pleasing to see.

    By the way, your painting mojo has DEFINITELY stormed back with a vengeance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jonathan. A whole painted army is a site to behold. As for the mojo, I sort of feel like the accelerator is stuck on my car.

      Delete
  2. You are certainly getting through the models, more great additions and invaluable points too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...