Saturday, January 20, 2018

8th Challenge, Entry 3 - Dark Elf Dark Riders from GW

This entry is six Dark Elf dark riders from GW. These are the older metals, from just before the current plastics. I think I have another twelve of these, perhaps more.



These are another unit for my son's Dark Elves for our Dragon Rampant campaign. One unit of spears and we have enough of his models to get started.


For some reason the Dark Elves like to cut their horses' tails off completely. Tails really are the bane of older GW models. A horse with a tail is definitely the exception.


The models were primed black. I hit the horses with a sombre grey drybrush, red eyes and bone teeth and called them good.


The champion and the musician have the same pose. There's not a lot going on. These were an easy paint.


The regular troopers are the same pose with a little bit different spear and head.



Not a lot of variation in the unit.


I've had these models for fifteen years, so it's good that they are finally getting some paint. Six dark riders will give me 60 points. I'm inching towards half way on my goal.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...